The lack of innovation for front-end infertility and permanent birth control over the last half century leaves women struggling for viable options. Femasys is committed to providing women with revolutionary products as they seek solutions throughout their reproductive journey.
With few or no current direct competitors, our product candidates in development have the potential to disrupt and grow segments of the reproductive health market.
FemaSeed features our proprietary delivery platform, which places balloon technology close to the opening of a selected fallopian tube. Unlike any other infertility approach, it is designed to deliver sperm directly to the ovulating side, where conception occurs.
Permanent birth control
FemBloc features our proprietary delivery platform, which places balloon technology close to the opening of both fallopian tubes. This in-office approach is designed to eliminate the risks of incisions, anesthesia, and hormones. As a nonsurgical procedure that is implant free, FemBloc delivers a biopolymer that is expected to expel within 3 months. Confirmation of procedure success can be achieved after 90 days, which would provide women with a certainty no other option can achieve.
INTRODUCTION OF BIOPOLYMER INTO FALLOPIAN TUBES
- Device placed through cervix into uterine cavity
- Balloon catheters are advanced and inflated
- Biopolymer is delivered into each tube
- Device is removed after biopolymer delivery
- Biopolymer solidifies with contact to local tissue
- Biopolymer is designed to degrade over time, triggering a wound healing response
- Biopolymer is expected to completely expel naturally
BIOPOLYMER TRIGGERS WOUND HEALING
- Scar tissue forms in small section, permanently blocking fallopian tubes
- Ultrasound used to check both tubes for procedure success